Personal Development Health & Physical Education - PDHPE - provides students with the knowledge and understanding to make informed decisions about healthy and active lifestyle choices that affect their lives now and in the future.
Head Teacher Lifestyle/Rep Sport: Mrs Tracey Gavenlock
- Stage 4- Sport is integrated into our Lifestyle Hubs to ensure our students reach the 150 mandatory minutes of physical activity per week and have access to specially trained staff delivering this.
- Stage 5- Sport is held every Thursday in 2019. Students have the choice of a variety of sports both on and off-site to ensure our students have access to a variety of Physical activities. Full details are available here.
- Physical Activity & Sports Study (PASS) - Years 8,9 & 10
- Sport, Leisure and Recreation (SLR) - Years 11 & 12
- 2 unit PDHPE - Years 11 & 12
Adding to the classroom lessons, we are fortunate in PDHPE to integrate some regular excursions into our learning program. These include but are not limited to:
- Raw Challange
- Speers Point Park
- Newcastle Ninja Park
- Surf School
- Stage 5 Sydney Jewish Museum (Linked with HSIE)
- Year 10 Be Street Smart
- Coates 500 Supercars
REPRESENTATIVE SPORTING OPPORTUNITIES
Students throughout the school have the chance to compete in a vast array of sports. Competition can range from within the school, to representative events. We are proud to have had teams represent Kurri Kurri High School at Regional, State and National levels in sporting arenas where our students have chosen to excel.
Representative sports supported within our school include:
- Rugby league
- Rugby Union
- Touch football
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Lawn Bowls
- Table Tennis
A BIG THANKS to our sponsors
- S.P.O.R.T. Squad Rep team - Tail Runners
- Girls Rugby League - Happy Tooth
- Boys Junior Rugby League - Mai-Wel
- Boys Senior Rugby League - KFC
- Touch Football - Ability Options & Thomas Associates
- Soccer - Jason Reading Landscapes
- Basketball - Ability Options & Domino's
- Netball - Flanagan's Menswear